Friday, February 15, 2013

Work, Valentines Day, Fabric Market and Bar






Friday!!!

This week has been great....lots of work at ICT and lots of fun too.

The Nigerian people are very friendly and all of them seems to really like me more when I say I'm from Brazil...we seem to have a good connection and they laugh a lot when I speak my real bad Yoruba, especially when I tell them that their Yoruba is good, in poor Yoruba......LOL

Mr. Fatai Rolling Dollar
At ICT we have reviewed our SOW and defined what we are really going to deliver. We are going to provide them with and roadmap to implement a identification system for the elderly citizens and some kind of smartcard payment scheme for the same elderly. Now we are working on finding suitable solutions for their needs.

On Tuesday that was a Valentines day party at the hotel and was a lot of fun. Most of us went to the party and danced with our Nigerian colleagues and amongst ourselves. How good is to meet new and interesting people? I love it!

Me, Bouke, Christina and Mithilesh stayed a little later than the others and our friend Ayo, who is our concierge here introduced us to Fatai Rolling Dollar, Nigerian Music Legend, who also played a couple of songs. He was very nice to us and we could see why he is so famous....the guy is 87, but you could not tell by looking at him. During the party I've danced with lots of Nigerian and made all of them say: VAI CORINTHIANS! as I was dressed with my Corinthians shirt and they were all asking about it. Nice nite.

We went to the market to buy fabric for our Nigerian style suites.
Folks from our group around and Ojo, our driver laughing at us...


The kids really liked us
Tonight we went to a bar and listen to some more Nigerian music and I was able to get a CD from the artist, Queen Roseline Iyabode, who was singing just for us.


 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEihWHL9yp-c9pBKtFQYmKs8owYPPJtDiOuMXLXkIB3w-BOxhzL94LE6hOOF6bhAopV544eEzPCczFXO8RVJVYgkELSf8BSf7dlLfpzkVJLRSEPNxmlKi7_hpdMbp8b2_UBFxLd-Y0bFmZk/s1600/IMG_2960-2+(Medium).jpg
The Yoruba Talking Drums

After dinner with the team, where I ate a whole fish, I came to the room, chatted with my lovely wife for more than 50 min. on Skype (I miss her) and now I'm writing for you guys.

Tomorrow we are going to a warm springs and I believe will be fun.

Od'aro kosi la ala to da (Good night and have and sweet dreams)

No comments:

Post a Comment